Friday, May 29, 2009

Needing Advice

You may remember my recent battle with the cosmetic aisle and the makeup meltdown that occurred shortly thereafter. Hoping to avoid another such mishap, I'm soliciting advice from all of you, my (3) loyal readers :) I'm in the market for a good sunless tanning lotion. Nothing too heavily scented, and definitely heavy on the moisturizing power...any suggestions? I am currently using Jergen's Natural Glow, with which I am moderately satisfied. I'd like to spend some time in the tanning bed and get good and dark, but alas, I hear that's terrible for my skin and will leave me looking like the witch in Snow White by the time I'm 30. I'm sure my years as a lifeguard at the Yuma pool didn't help much either. Speaking of the Yuma pool - Bean, do you remember all of our goggled underwater shenanigans? I'm CRACKING up right now as I think of it...but I should save it for another post...

Self-tanner suggestions anyone?

4 comments:

Seth & Andrea Cook said...

I've heard good things about the Nivea lotion (although I haven't used it) and they had coupons in the paper for a free bodywash if you bought the lotion. Don't know if you clip all the coupons...

Sherry said...

I currently LOVE the self-tanner from Bath and Body Works "strike gold"...however, it does have a bit of a smell. If I put it on at night and then sleep it off, it doesn't smell quite as bad the next day. It works so well though.

katie henbest said...

the stuff scares me to death. so, i don't have any suggestions sadly. but i say no to the tanning bed as well...just not no to the 100 degree weather in Boise!

t.s.poppy said...

YAY!! Goggle shenanigans!! Um, do you recall Egghead-Whaleman? @_o Observing the movement of people's thighs underwater was such a brilliant idea at the time. Now it kind of makes me sick to think on it. Maybe an ounce of shame?

Nah.

SO, I too use the Jergen's stuff you mentioned (verdict: it's totally fine), but I've had very good results with the Clinique line.