Thursday, May 21, 2009

Lovely

I love driving through the Tennessee countryside. It is officially beautiful here. Granted, in Winter everything looks like a tangled mess of sticks, but Spring, Summer, and Fall are simply lovely.

Trevor is working the TNU Alumni Golf Tournament this weekend at Henry Horton State Park, about an hour south of Nashville. He headed down last night to set up and will be there through Friday. Since I’m pretty much a chicken and didn’t feel like staying the night by myself, I drove down yesterday evening to stay with him. If nothing more, it was worth the trip simply for the drive. As the light streaked in oranges and yellows across the sky, I looked out over the lush, green landscape and thanked the Lord for His creation, and for giving me time away from everyday life to bask in its beauty. I know now why people don’t mind commuting an hour back into Nashville for work. I got to see it all again on my way in this morning.

I guess I’ve always pictured myself living where we do now, right in the middle of everything…but after my little getaway, I think country living might be something worth considering. Then again, maybe it’s just nice to take time away to visit…
Here are some pictures (not that I took) to give you an idea of the landscape we enjoy here in TN.



No comments: