Saturday, January 5, 2013

Cleanse Update #7

Status: Just pretty okay. :)

Yesterday was fairly uneventful food-wise.  Trevor was feeling better, so it was back to the grind for him.  This was the first real test for his willpower {the coffee pot is just outside his office} and he did great.  I made him a smoothie for the road, then he ate leftover veggie soup for lunch and fruit for a snack.  Last night we had the Avocado with Bell Pepper and Tomatoes again and it is just really good.  We'll have that one more time before the weekend is over.

We can't say enough how excited we are for next week to add fish, beans and lentils, and soy.  Adding a little warmth and substance after a week of salads, slaws, and pureed soups will be a welcome change.  Even though the food portion is a little discouraging {because we love bread and coffee/tea}, the weight loss is encouraging.  I'm down another pound to 141.  That is 7 lbs. in 5 days!  That's something to smile about.  If I continue my pattern {which the skeptic in me says is surely not sustainable}, I will need to set a new goal by the beginning of next week.

I guess I should be focusing more on how the food makes me feel and how the cleanse is affecting our outlook, but I'm just not sure I really know yet.  Sometimes I feel like I have more energy and sometimes I feel more alert.  I think it will be easier to judge once I start back to school next week.  Now THAT will be a completely different ballgame.

No comments: