Thursday, January 3, 2013

Cleanse Update #5

Status: Rested and alert

I woke up without an alarm this morning and it could be my imagination, but my mind is feeling clearer. I've also lost another pound, which brings me to 5 lbs in 3 days.  I'm not noticing a difference in how my clothes fit yet, but as I start adding some light exercise, I'm sure I'll start to notice a difference in inches too.

Yesterday was Trevor's toughest day.  He was home sick and on the couch, so he was in the position I was in earlier - too much time to sit around and think about what he couldn't eat.  He supplemented his meals with some snacks of fruit and by the time I started fixing dinner, he was in better spirits.

{Sidenote: For those of you who are worried about Trevor being sick and trying to cleanse at the same time - He hasn't had much of an appetite, so we decided to go on with the cleanse even though he was sick because the food is so nutritious and the plan calls for TONs of water, so my thinking was that those were the types of foods he should be eating to get better anyway.  Hopefully I'm right.}

The highlight of yesterday was certainly the Avocado with Bell Pepper and Tomatoes.  It was delicious and very filling.  I will be making it throughout the cleanse and long after this little shindig is over.  I thought I could make it for lunches, but with fresh avocado, I wonder if it would be brown before we could eat it.  Maybe I'll use it as dinner next week since I go back to work on Monday.

Dinner last night was Roasted Peppers, Cauliflower, and Almonds.  I'm not crazy about cauliflower, but it really wasn't a bad meal.  Trevor really liked it.  It was very simple, but also warm and pretty satisfying.

Today, I am trying a new smoothie recipe and a new lunch recipe, so I'll be back tomorrow to let you know how it goes.  I'm feeling really good, so I hope the hardest part is behind us!

No comments: