Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Cleanse Update #4

Status: Not as hungry - HOORAY!!

This post will be a little more brief because I'm helping a friend get her house move-in ready.  Best part about it - her new house is less than 10 minutes from ours!!  I'm headed back over there after a really yummy lunch, but I wanted to post a quick update about yesterday - Day 2.

I can't lie.  Day 2 was rough.  It didn't help that Trevor is still not feeling well, so we were pretty much camped out on the couch in a big comforter watching movies for most of the day.  That much down time gave me way too much time to sit and think about all the things I couldn't eat.  I about threw in the towel {not really, because I still have $100 worth of produce in my kitchen and I'm too cheap not to eat it}.  I'm also pretty thankful for this blog because even though I'm sure only 3 people read it, {Hi, Jenni!} it gave me some accountability knowing that people would be checking in on our progress.

Yesterday was rough not only because of our down time, but also because the food was not our favorite.  I thought it would be really great, and it was okay, but definitely not great.  We had another antioxidant smoothie for breakfast, Kale Slaw with Red Cabbage and Carrots for lunch, and Roasted Garlic and Beet Soup for dinner.  I know I said I was excited about it, but the soup was terribly bland.  I doctored it up a little bit with some extra herbs and white pepper, but overall, it just wasn't very good. The Kale Slaw was actually pretty good, so I can't really complain.  I just thought it would be a little more flavorful as well.  We also cheated a little yesterday - an orange with breakfast, a celery stick with literally 1 teaspoon of peanut butter {we were really hungry, but didn't want to cheat too much}, and then we split an apple with another teaspoon of peanut butter while the beet was roasting for dinner.  This sort of cheating is justifiable for 3 reasons:

  1. We stuck with food that was already in the plan (all fruits, veggies, nuts, and plant oils - and our peanut butter is just roasted peanuts and salt)
  2. We haven't been fixing the snacks that are included in the plan
  3. We were so HUNGRY all day yesterday
Even though we cheated a little, I think I'm starting to feel a difference.  Most of the day we were really tired, but this morning I weighed in at 144 (- 4lbs) and Trevor weighed in at 247 (- 9lbs).  I know this is probably mostly water weight for me and Trevor's is due to sickness, but it's still encouraging.  I won't spoil my Day 3 post too much, but I am feeling much better today - definitely more optimistic about continuing the plan. :)

Well, I need to head back over to LW's house to help sand wall paper glue off the walls.  I'm telling you, having our good friends within a 10 minute drive makes any amount of work worth it.

I'll be back soon to tell you all about Day 3 and about the most delicious meal we just ate {that will be a part of our lunch rotation long after the cleanse is over}.

Until then, is anyone else trying to eat differently these days?



1 comment:

Jenni Campbell said...

Doing good! You definitely weren't cheating since you stuck to the foods in the plan! Proud of you :)