Monday, March 30, 2009

Menu Monday

Good Monday morning! We are back from a fantastic vacation (more on that to come) and our kitchen is running on empty, except for a freezer full of bread that I got from a lady at church. When I say freezer full, I mean freezer FULL...I'm afeared that if I put anything else in there, it will quit freezing things for lack of air circulation. Translation: I need to use some bread this week. So here's what we're eating...

Monday: Pan seared chicken with wild rice and garlic almond green beans. Buttered sourdough toast on the side.

Tuesday: Tortilla soup c/o my bestie, TaraBean. She's been cooking up some fantastic soups and I cannot wait to try her recipe.

Wednesday: dinner at church...possibly for the last time in awhile. We might finally have time to eat at home before heading to our mid-week activities.

Thursday: Dinner with our beloved Wentworth's. Menu: TBA Our contribution will most likely be some sort of garlic bread, dinner rolls, or sandwich buns...go figure :)

Friday: Pressed ham and manchego (or provolone - whichever is cheaper) sandwiches on sourdough. (I read a recipe recently that included cream cheese on the bottom of the ham and provolone...I may get brave and try that one out this week. I'll let you know how it goes) Tossed salad on the side

Saturday: Tacos for lunch and Dinner with the Pullen clan! Our contribution to this meal will also have something to do with bread, I'm sure.

Sunday: Poppyseed chicken for lunch and leftovers for dinner. If no leftovers, and as is becoming tradition on Sunday nights after The Gathering: popcorn, apples, and cheese - be still my beating heart!

So there you have it, folks. Nothing too fancy, but I'm excited about this week. I'm trying out a few new recipes, and I think I can keep the ingredients I need within budget...It looks like it's going to be a great week. Now tell me, what are you eating this week?

No comments: