Wednesday, May 28, 2008

R.I.P.

Garity (2006-2008)

Last night we watched as Trev's first official Nashville band was laid to rest. Garity had a good run. They played a couple shows, made great music, and were even featured on the new artists to watch page in CCM. We knew their days were numbered however, and now it seems we've closed yet another chapter in our story. *

Only to start a new one! Tuesday May 27th also marked the debut of the new band, Be The General. Along with the name change comes intensified musicality, thought provoking lyrics and a kicky dance groove. Honestly, I cannot wait for everyone to hear the new sound. I know I'm extremely biased, but I'm also probably his toughest critic (not being afraid to tell it how it is speak the truth in love). Hearing the songs come together last night, I was blown away. I don't think I could be more proud. And not because he was up there doing what he was put on this earth to do, but because he did it with such excellence and ease. I've never been impacted by Trevor's music as much as I was yesterday in the 'Boro. I cannot wait to see what time has in store for the gentleman of Be The General.

Look for a new myspace in the coming days with updated pictures, hopefully a snippet of video, and best of all, NEW TUNES! I truly believe you will be pleasantly surprised.

And remember friends: people first, then money, then things, then JACKETS.

That's all for now,

Jamie

*We do still have a few Garity EP's available for $5 bucks each. Just let us know and we'll send one your way.

4 comments:

katie henbest said...

can't wait to hear the new tunes! i can't stop smiling because of the starting of this blog...it will benefit everyone really. love you guys!

TracyMichele said...

Welcome to blogityville. :) I'm bummed I couldn't make it to the show this week, but I have a feeling I will have many, many, many (ok, you get the drift) more opportunities.

kylee said...

yes, yes, yes! i will now check your blog to see what the cute & witty lubiens have to say each day. Katie and I love hearing from our friends in this setting.
I am so intrigued by your discription of Be the General! I can't wait to hear it. I do want a copy of Garity's ep, & Trevor's next blogs post should tell us how he chose the band's name.
love you guys!
moving closer in less than a month

Anonymous said...

AH!
I have the longest title in your blogroll!!!
You're too sweet. And you've made mine too :-]

I WANT TO HEAR THESE NEW TUNES.

but even more-so
I WANT A MAN-HUG FROM TREVOR!!!