Monday, December 31, 2012

Cleanse Update #1 - Beginning Stats

Good afternoon.  Jamie here.

We started the day with a cup of hot water with lemon.  Supposedly, its purpose is to wake up your liver.  Good morning, liver!  (insert sarcastic eye roll here)  But really, it wasn't too bad.  With this cleanse, there is no caffeine at anytime during the three weeks.  Apparently it is because caffeinated drinks are very acidic and hard on your digestive system.  We don't usually drink pop, so that's not a big deal.  Trevor will miss his coffee and I will miss my unsweet iced tea.  We're pretty much addicted to our beverages of choice.  Now that I have written that on paper, maybe it is a good thing we are nixing it for the next few weeks.  Admitting I have a problem is the first step toward recovery. :)

Let me give you our beginning stats.  This morning, we had our official weigh in.  (This is the part I'm least anxious to share - accountability, accountability, accountability - here goes).

Trevor: 255 lbs
Jamie: 148 lbs

This is embarrassing.  It is the heaviest either of us has ever been.  We were close once.  For our wedding.  Awesome.  If you don't believe me, we have 1500 pictures commemorating the occasion.  For that one, we blame a move to the South where vegetables aren't served unless they're fried.  :)

Now I know some might look at those numbers and wonder what the big deal is.  I have a friend who hovers around 150 and is a size 4.  She is extremely fit and looks fantastic.  I have a very small frame though, I should be around 115 - 120 lbs....so I've got a ways to go.  Trevor's goal is 210, where he was just after he stopped playing college ball.

We officially have our work cut out for us.  We know this cleanse is certainly not going to get us to our goals, but it will serve to kick start our journey and for that I am grateful.  Here are our goals for the end of our 3 week cleanse:

Trevor: 220 lbs (the man loses weight like a champ)
Jamie: 135 lbs (mine comes off a little slower)

There you have it.  The hard part is over.  The beans have officially been spilled.  Now comes the easy part....  Yikes!  This might be a long three weeks.  I think I can, I think I can....