Thursday, January 29, 2009

Menu Monday

Okay, so it's Thursday and I've failed. I didn't post our menu this week because, quite frankly, it is boring. Not that I'm not grateful. I'm extremely grateful and God has abundantly provided for us during a little bit of a tight month. Twice this week, people from church have given us food leftover from church functions: some bakery items, pork, black beans and rice. Thus, our meals have been very similar, but pleasingly different. I'll give you an idea of what's been happening in our kitchen these past few days:

Monday: pressed ham, mozzerella, and spinach sandwiches on whole grain baguette (ingredients left over from last week and bread from the church)

Tuesday: shredded pork tacos, lime cilantro rice, and black beans (tacos left over from last weekend, rice and black beans left over from University lunch on Sunday) The lime cilantro rice was an experiment as I didn't have a recipe. It wasn't quite Chipotle, but I think it came close.

Wednesday: (unexpected night off and, as we usually eat at church, scramble to put dinner together) grilled cheese sandwiches and soup (chicken noodle for me, leftover vegetable beef for Trevor - don't worry mom, it was frozen - I'm not making him force down expired food)

Thursday: leftovers (weird, I know). I'll probably finish up the shredded pork tacos with a little corn on the side. Trevor is going to a show with a buddy and, I think, enjoying a little fish 'n' chips action beforehand.

Friday: chicken and black bean quesadillas, (maybe)spanish rice on the side

Saturday: something with cuban pork - not quite sure yet...maybe I can heat it in the crock pot with some sort of fruit sauce or glaze. I'll let you know how that one turns out.

Sunday: probably sandwiches. I'll make a pot of chili for the church's "souper" bowl party, so lunch will be nice and simple as we will, I'm certain, be eating ALL.DAY.LONG.

Like I said before - our menu has been boring, but I am so thankful that we have enough food to eat and full bellies when we go to sleep at night. It is true that if we put our faith and trust in Him, God certainly does take care of His own. I'm sure I'll have more to share along those lines, but for now...back to work for me... #.#

No comments: