Tuesday, August 26, 2008

getting picked

Yesterday I (Jamie) recieved an email confirming my acceptance into The Nashville Choir. I already knew I was "in" because they told me so at the end of my audition. I didn't want to tell anyone because I wanted to wait for the confirmation email just to be sure. You know...better to announce it a little late than to have to retract an announcement if something fell through. It feels good to get picked though. Really good. I'm very excited about this opportunity, as it will mean singing all over town, backing various artists, and allowing me to gain valuable experience in performance and maybe even recording.

I found out today that I didn't get picked for the Nashville Symphony Chorus. To be honest, I knew it was a long shot from the start. I haven't sung classically in almost 4 years - and I knew they would know that. I had a great audition though, and am pleased with the effort I put in. Sure, it would have felt great to get picked for this, the most prestigious choir in Nashville, but I feel good knowing that I did my best. So maybe getting picked isn't the only thing that matters afterall. :)

If you'd like to check it out, The Nashville Choir has a website: www.thenashvillechoir.org. Our first performance is backing Michael W. Smith and other artists at his 25th Anniversary Celebration. I'd be fibbing if I said I wasn't a smidge excited...

2 comments:

katie henbest said...

SO proud of you dearheart!

J said...

Congratulations on this by the way! :) That's awesome. Yes, about the lesson plans...double curriculum! I'm mananging...just not well at the moment. It will get better though, I am certain of that.